What is Family Learning?
Family Learning is learning which takes place among family members. It involves Mums, Dads and Carers learning with their children or with other Mums, Dads and Carers for the benefit of the whole family.
What do we do?
The Family Learning Team work in partnership with schools and other agencies to provide opportunities for Mums, Dads and Carers to become more involved in their children’s learning. Our aim is to encourage them to value the support they give their children on a day-to-day basis within their homes and the community. We currently work with Mums, Dads and Carers with children aged between 3-6 years old in the following primary schools:
Manor Park Kittybrewster Walker Road
Heathryburn Riverbank Tullos
Bramble Brae St Peters
How can we provide help and support to Mums, Dads and Carers?
- Postive parenting/confidence building
- Help their child with their reading, writing and number work
- Build stronger links with schools
- Enhance their own literacy and numeracy skills
- Build their confidence to pursue further learning opportunities and/or employment
- Have fun
Family Learning Team
Frederick Street Centre
Ground Floor, Frederick Street
Tel: (01224) 764700